Coconut Coir is an all natural soilless grow media. It is an inert product with an ideal pH level and salt content for plant life to thrive. Simply put, it's the perfect dirt.
Coir has a variety of uses from outdoor gardening and landscaping, to hydroponics systems. and even as reptile bedding! Some additional benefits are that its a very clean and green product. Both the production of it requires little to no carbon pollution, to the fact that it is actually very clean to use and will not get you muddy while working with it!
While the coir is compressed into a block, it is ready to expand to 5-7x its size when you apply water, and it's honestly a pretty fun process!
1. Add a coir brick into a wheelbarrow, tote, or large bin.
2. Add Water. For a 5KG Block you will add 9-11 gallons of water. For a 650g block, you'll add about 1 gallon of water. It doesn't have to be rocket science, the coir will not be greatly effected by adding too much or too little water.
3. Let the brick soak in the water for 15-30 min. You will see the brick begin to expand and break up. Feel free to use your hands or a gardening tool to break up the coir a bit faster.
4. Over time the coir will expand, break up, and now be a beautiful soilless growing media. If your brick soaks up all the water but isn't full broken up, add more water.
5. Go do something awesome! Start planting the seeds for a better tomorrow.
IMPORTANT: Coconut Coir contains no natural plant nutrients, so you'll want to make sure you are mixing the coir with nutrients such as perlite, vermiculite, store bought plant food, or even regular potting soil.
Here is a link to our favorite: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Viagrow-4-cu-ft-Perlite-VPER4/207112647
Here is a link to more of our favorite growing products to pair with Sakti Coconut Coir: